This week I was busy working at my “real job”, working on client updates, and getting my accounting all wrapped up for my 2010 taxes. So I didn’t have the time to get an article written. But I found some really great posts this week that are worth reading:
- The Financial Blogger provides the Dividend Yield and Ex-Dividend Dates for the TSX-60 stocks. You can sort the column headings as well by date or yield. Nice resource and nicely done!
- The Canadian Couch Potato discusses How to Lower Your Rebalancing Costs. Even if you are not an index-investor, there are some good strategies you can implement in any portfolio.
- Andrew Hallam continues to write a series of exceptional posts on his blog. In Beat the Pants off Investment Professionals, Andrew discusses the advantages of index investing over actively managed mutual funds. A great article for someone starting out who may be considering how to invest. Can we be any clearer? Stay away from mutual funds!
- On the contrary side of the fence, SP Brunner explains why she is sticking with dividend investing in Those Against Dividend Investing. I really like this post, and I think many of her points are valid. While I have a small couch potato portfolio, I could never see myself giving up my mainstay dividend portfolio and income stream. Nicely done SP!
- The Canadian Capitalist reviews Notes from the 2010 Berkshire Hathaway Annual Report. Anything that Warren Buffet writes is like chicken soup for the investing soul. Thanks CC that will make a good bedtime read!
- The Dividend Guy uses Lord of the Rings Archetypes in: What’s Your Investor Style ? Nice post Mike, creative and fun! I’m with you on the Frodo analogy.
- And lastly WTF is a BitCoin? Well read The Digital Currency of the Future and find out! I don’t think I’m downloading any software that shares files over the web and uses up my CPU resources, but a fun read!