Here’s what tickled my fancy in dividend stocks this week. These are posts or links that provide solid information on dividend investing or market outlooks:
- Passive Income Earner takes a detailed look at the TSX Dividends Aristocrats Index. If you’re not familiar with these stocks, you should really take look! These are the big guys in Canada that raise their dividends every year. Buy, hold, and collect dividends!
- Passive Income Earner also reviews the Bank of Montreal compared to its peers. BMO has done well this year from its dip in December, and has a generous dividend yield of 4.8%.
- If you’re new to Dividend Investing, then Learn Dividends is the site for you. No commercial hype on this site, it’s all well laid out and easy to read. Dividend Investing 101!
- Lots of great tidbits at Horan Capital Advisors. From triple-tops in gold, dividend-payers, and a 2011 market outlook, there is a little something for everyone. Short and brief articles here, but some interesting insights to ponder for 2011.
- Jaymus at Realized Returns is big on Denison Mines. He’s been studying this one for a while, so good information here if you want to make a Uranium and diversified mining play.
Special mention goes to the Dividend Investing and Value Network this week, for their out-of-the-blue invitation. It means a lot when your peers find value and quality in your work, and are willing to support you. If you are new to dividend investing this site is an excellent resource.
Stocks on the Move
Also, some interesting moves this week on George Weston (WN) and Encana (ECA). While the day-traders dumped George Weston (WN) on the special ex-dividend open, I’ll tell you why I’m holding. McDonald’s Corp (MCD) is starting to look tasty at these prices, and Bank of Montreal (BMO) is on the move. And for the TSE, it looks like the “January Effect” is indicating an uptrend for the year (if you believe in predicting markets). I’m going to cover this all in more detail over the weekend.