November is Financial Literacy Month for Canadians. This national media campaign was spearheaded by Glenn Cooke, of LifeInsuranceCanada.com. Last Thursday on November 15th, thirty-five Canadian bloggers, who took part, published their best financial tip.
As Glenn points out on his Blog For Financial Literacy post, financial literacy is important!
“…financial literacy IS important. Educating Canadians about our finances is one of the greatest things we can do for others both individually, and as a country. Many Canadians are not preparing financially for their future, many are spending beyond their means and mortgaging their future, and many have not even taken the basic first step of budgeting. On November 15th, we’re going to light up the blogosphere with information with the Blog for Financial Literacy campaign.”
It looks like the Financial Literacy movement was a success!
Here is a list of all the bloggers that participated in the Financial Literacy campaign. Remember each of these bloggers or financial writers, volunteered their time, and took extra care to write the best post for their readers. Be sure to follow them and show your support!
- Life Insurance Canada | The Most Important Part of Your Life Insurance Policy
- A. Dawn Journal | Five Simple Steps Towards Financial Literacy
- Avrex Money | Are You Invested In Mutual Funds?
- Balance Junkie | My Best Financial Tip
- Blonde on a Budget | Get Out of Debt
- Boomer And Echo | Make More Money
- Canadian Budget Binder | My Best Financial Tip is to Budget
- Canadian Capitalist | Buy a Home You Can Afford
- Canadian Couch Potato | Keep Your Investing Strategy Simple
- Canadian Finance Blog | Pay Off Debt
- Dividend Ninja | Why You Should Start Investing Now!
- Dividend Pig | Why You Should Avoid Mutual Funds
- Finance Fox | Budgeting is the Key to Financial Success
- Free At 33 | Spend Your Money Wisely
- Grocery Alerts.ca | Get the Cheapest Dispensing Fee at Costco
- How To Save Money Canada | Plan Ahead
- Lauren Souch | Be Spend Smart in College
- Michael James on Money | Don’t Look For A Financial Advisor…
- Money Crashers | Eliminate High-Interest Credit Card Debt
- Money Master Mom | Be Bad for the Economy
- Money Smart Students | Be Aware of Your Finances
- Money Smarts Blog | Take a Long Term View of Your Finances
- My Own Advisor | Pay Yourself First
- RateHub | Save More Than Just a Down Payment
- Retire Happy | Our Best Financial Tips
- Rewards Cards Canada | Spend Wisely
- Sage Investors | Buy Low Cost Exchange Traded Funds
- Solutions Financial | Never Pay Credit Card Interest
- Sustainable Personal Finance | Pay Yourself First
- The Blunt Bean Counter | Reconcile the Bank with Quicken
- The Happy Guy | Don’t Spend More Money Than You Have
- The Loonie Bin Blog | Maximize Your TFSA
- Timeless Finance | Think Critically About Your Finances
- TSI Network | Take A Sound Fundamental Approach to Investing
Great idea Glenn, and thanks for organizing this movement! Thanks also to everyone who participated!