A nice little bonus arrived in my inbox this week from my accountant – a tax refund. That’s going right into my TFSA as soon as I receive it, and I have some nice ideas already lined up for that tid-bit.
Do I top-up my fixed income holdings such as Claymore CLF? Do I hold cash and wait for some bargain hunting if and when markets take a turn? Or do I invest in one of my high-yield stock favourites such as Rogers Sugar or BCE?
With markets, gold, and commodities at all time highs I’m inclined to keep my asset allocation in check. While many investors are not big on bonds or bond funds – the fact is they will provide a cushion when things turn sour. As everyone knows markets can turn on a dime! The chance of interest rates suddenly increasing month after month seems pretty slim, and markets are climbing to dizzying levels again. That’s why I’m considering Claymore CBO or CLF as my first choice.
Today is the last day to buy super early bird tickets to the Financial Bloggers Conference in Chicago. There are only 2 tickets left at this price, so don’t miss out. Even the Dividend Ninja is going, and that is no easy feat from Vancouver!
The Dividend Ninja was listed as the No.4 blog in 7 Dividend Blogs You Need To Read from Dividend Stocks Online. Thanks for the mention DSO and thanks for including the Dividend Ninja on your list! Congrats to the Dividend Pig for making the No.1 Spot!
The Weekly Lineup
Here are some odds and ends I really enjoyed reading over the last couple of weeks:
- A great interview of Derek Foster on Money Talk with Patricia Lovett-Reid. If you missed it on BNN back in February, you can view the entire video on the Globe and Mail website. Derek’s advice to stay with brand-name quality and recession-proof companies is prudent advice!
- Harper pledges to double the TFSA Contribution limit to 10K, but ONLY AFTER the deficit is paid off. I’m not exactly sure how many years that will take, so this ridiculous non-pledge loses the Dividend Ninja vote!
- The 5 sexiest things about indexing make Index Investors the winners! Who can argue with owning the world?
- The Passive Income Earner reviews the dividends and financials for BCE Inc. This has to be one of Canada’s best dividend stocks to invest in!
- The Dividend Monk provided an excellent review of Johnson & Johnson. This is a favourite for both Canadian and U.S. Investors.
- Dividend Mantra wrote an interesting article on diversification. This is one of my favourite topics to write about, and it’s quite clear “diversification” means different things for everyone.
- My Own Advisor has a nice article on his favourite free stock screeners. TD Waterhouse has a nice Market Research section, very nice actually! But you have to have a TD Waterhouse account to use it.
- Financial Uproar wrote a couple of really great articles this week on The Importance of Liquidity and How Come Cheap Airlines are So Cheap? Good work FU, but it was the jet picture that sold me on your article!
Have a nice weekend everyone!