Too Busy to Blog?
One thing about blogging – it sure is a lot of work! I have more interviews lined up, a couple of articles, and some dividend screening results for investors. I’m hoping to get these all launched in June 🙂
One thing I really appreciate is readers and newsletter subscribers reaching out. I recently received a couple of emails from readers who had some good requests for future posts. Thank you!
Free e-book from the Financial Blogger
The Financial Blogger continues to provide free and pertinent information for dividend investors. Lately he has been focusing on helping the newbie to dividend investing. He launched his latest website project whatisdividend.com at the beginning of the year.
Now he’s written a complete e-book on dividend investing: How to Build a Never Ending Cash Distributor. Written by Mike, who is a financial planner by profession, it will definitely be a valuable resource for any dividend investor. Check out his latest blog post on the e-book and don’t forget to download your copy – it’s free 🙂
The Dividend Ninja Newsletter
This week I migrated my newsletter platform from an in-house solution to Aweber. These guys provide an excellent platform for email newsletter services, with excellent customer support. I’ll be sending out my first email newsletter next Tuesday, June 7th! I’m really excited to get this out to my subscribers and readers.
If you haven’t already, be sure to subscribe so you are on the list:
(Note: A special thank-you to all my previous newsletter subscribers who were most kind to re-confirm their emails with Aweber. I really appreciate you taking the extra time to do so!)
The Weekly Lineup
Here are some outstanding posts from other bloggers this week:
- My Own Advisor wrote an excellent article on the benefits of the TFSA versus the RRSP, in I’ll Maximize my TFSA First, thanks. MOA talks about optimizing his RRSP contributions, rather than maximizing them – an excellent strategy. Excellent comment stream as well, so be sure to read.
- Regardless of income, I argued the merits of the TFSA over the RRSP explicitly in Max Out Your TFSA, and Forget the RRSP! I pointed out that an individual is far better off maximizing their TFSA contributions first, before their RRSP. It all comes down to taxation – pay now or pay later. I would prefer to avoid taxation in retirement!
- Kevin Press wrote a brief review of the new documentary Too Big to Fail, which premiered on HBO last week. Based on the original 600 page book by Andrew Ross, Kevin asks is Too Big To Fail too big to televise?
- Andrew Hallam continues to write outstanding advice for investors, especially those planning for retirement. The International Teacher’s Nine Steps to Financial Freedom has been included as a chapter in, Reviving, Retooling and Retiring for Teachers. The book is published by Michigan State University. Although it is about wellness for teachers, it does have basic financial tenets that are suitable for everyone.
- Sigma Swan wrote a nice summary of the top free online stock screening tools in: Best Free Stock Screeners: Reviewed.
- The Dividend Pig wrote an excellent post on Wal-Mart, at Seeking Alpha: Wal-Mart International: A True Growth Story. Dividend Pig discusses Wal-Mart’s economic moat, and its expansion into Europe and other developing countries. With 37 years of consecutive dividend increases, a five-year growth rate of 15.9%, and a payout ratio of just 29%, Wal-Mart is a company to be considering in your portfolio.
- The Passive Income Earner wrote an excellent post on Dividend Investing With a 10/10 Rule. Tom Cameron was a guest last week on the BNN (Business News Network). He discussed the concept of how his firm only invests in stocks that raise their dividends 10% each year for 10 years. Any stock that doesn’t meet that screen gets cut from the list for 10 years! An interesting note, as Passive Income Earner points out, the U.S. Banks were cut from the holdings before the crash!
Watch the Howard Green Interview with Tom Cameron.