Here’s what interested me this week in blogville and the land of blog:
- Two articles from the Globe and Mail this past week on rising inflation in both China and the U.S. At the Fed, new inflation worries surface and Chinese Shoppers Struggle with Spiralling Prices. I have a post coming on global inflation. While the inflation rate is low here in Canada and the US, around the world inflation rates, commodity prices, and the cost of food are rising fast.
- According to a recent Globe and Mail article, the Funds Investment Institute of Canada is reporting the biggest January sales in four years. Canadian investors are pouring money into equity mutual funds – uh oh, are they too late?
- Canadian Banks are a favourite of dividend investors! After completing his reviews on the big 5 banks, The Passive Income Earner continues with National Bank of Canada.
- The Dividend Pig takes a brief look at 4 Dogs of the Dow Worth Adopting. I am totally with the pig on JNJ and McDonalds – McDividends!
- The Canadian Couch Potato reviews new ETF’s from BMO: BMO’s Target Maturity Corporate Bond Funds and More Income ETFs from BMO. As a Money Sense writer, you know Dan will provide an in depth coverage with any topic he discusses.
- My Own Advisor reviews The Single Best Investment by Lowell Miller (Part 1 of 2). Common sense, investing behaviour, and the power of compounding are just a few of the issues discussed.
- Andrew Hallam gives A List of What Investors Should Never Do. Great additions to the list through the comments as well! Andrew has good advice for newbie investors – he’s been investing for a long time with a proven track record.
- Young and Thrifty discusses in detail some of the new features at Questrade Gets a Facelift. She also has another review at Questrade Online Brokerage review. I’ve been with TD and I love the 9.99 trade fee with all the features. But if I was starting out Questrade is where I would go since the trade-fees are inexpensive (of course those inexpensive trade fee comes with some platform issues).
- For some morning humour, be sure to check out Saturday Morning Dump – Golf Links. This guy just cracks me up. How can you go wrong with: Simpsons quote of the week, blogging snack of the week, and babe loosely related to finance? I rest my case.
If you enjoy receiving the Dividend Ninja in your mailbox, don’t forget to also subscribe to the Dividend Ninja Newsletter (and if you don’t like it – subscribe anyway). Thank you to all my readers!